Thursday, April 15, 2010

Digital Camera Vs Mobile Camera




Recently I went to watch an IPL Match @ stadium with my friend....

We did plan well and carried a Digital Camera to click few snaps as usually we do when going for outing with friends and family.

At the entry gate security did not allow to carry camera in premises....

While people with mobile phone having inbuild digital camera were allowed to go in.

We read terms and condition behind ticket and some where in small letters it was mentioned that due to security reason Camera is not allowed to be carried inside premises.

We could manage to keep our camera out and took entry in stadium with two mobile phone both having good camera with zoom and high pixel.

I really didn't understand the concept of not allowing camera but allowing mobile phone with camera....

I started comparing a normal Digital Camera with some mobile phone camera

I have got 6.0 Mega Pixel digicam, which has flash, zoom, video recording etc and at the other end my friend had Mobile phone with 5 MP digicam, flash, zoom, video recording and it could be of higher Mega pixel also. In a way both kind of camera have same capability and size....

Then why restrict a standalone digicam but not mobile cam

I have seen this kind of policy is applicable @ many places

Even now a days tine spy cam are available - which any one can carry and hide from security check easily

Someone should review such security policies and their relevance

Or they just end up not more than a formality

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide your feedback and comments on my blog.
You can also communicate to me on my email address - blogsofdeepak@gmail.com
You can also follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/deepakthaper